Letter of the Week: Aa

This week Mia and I started, Letter of the Week!  Mia has been asking for more activities lately and craving some one on one attention.  Since she is really interested in letters and I really like planning thematic units, I thought we would both enjoy learning a new letter each week.  Since Mia is not ready to write the letters, we are just working on recognition.  My original plan was to study the letters in chronological order but have since decided to jump around to coordinate with activities that we already have planned. I've been searching the web for ideas and have gathered my favorite two year old appropriate activities.



Aa books about apples, apple pie, alligators and airplanes.  Mia's favorites were My "a" Sound Box, Snip Snap! What's That! and A Plane Goes Ka-ZOOM!  We never finished Alligator Wedding because she lost interest; it would be more appropriate for older kids.




A is for apple.



A is for Aquarium.

Mia's first airbrushed tattoos. 
She made her own aquarium with blue watercolors and fish stickers on the letters Aa.


 A is for alligator.


A is for apple pie.

 A is for apple tree.




A is for airplane
We read the airplane book and tried to make paper airplanes, but it turns out that I'm not very good at making them.  Mia lost interest while I was searching the web for instructions. Oh well!

Next week we will be working on the letter Gg...

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing Kellie. All these cute crafts and book pairings. You're such a great mom! Do you do this while Naomi naps?

    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that my good friend was a kindergarten teacher and loved it. Especially that you are posting links to all of these amazing crafts and ideas. I really struggle with figuring out age appropriate things for the 1-2year old crowd. Most things I find are below or above her level. I am NOT as adept in this area and can really use an already laid out plan by someone who has gone before me. Just know that all your links and info will not be in vain - because you just gained a devout follower - lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you find this useful!! I was debating on whether or not to post all of this but hoping someone else could benefit from these great resources I found on the web.

    I try to do the activities when Naomi is sleeping so Mia can have my undivided attention, but some days she is up and will play in the playroom. None of the project take very long so it's pretty easy to get them in each day.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.