A Zoo Themed 2nd Birthday


 I love planning birthday parties and Mia's 2nd birthday was so fun because she was beyond excited!  We decided to go with a zoo theme since Mia loves going to the zoo and seeing all of the animals.  All of the kids that attended were 2 and under so I had to get creative to find activities that were age appropriate. 

No sew birthday banner: card stock (cut to your desired size), letters (I found the animal print letters at Lakeshore Learning), hole punch, and ribbon.

 Goody bags for the animal safari and animal crackers and sunglasses (from Oriental Trading) for the little ones.



I got these  Zoo stickers from Walmart and set out construction paper with each child's name so they could create their own zoo.
 I was going to make elaborate animal faced cupcakes, but my very smart husband talked me out of it.
 And I was so happy with the simplicity of an animal cracker on top. 

 We set up all the decorations while Mia was napping.  When she came downstairs, her excitement was priceless.  
 She was running around the house counting the balloons, while smiling and laughing.



Mia wouldn't take a picture with me, but luckily I was able to snatch up another cutie.


 Leopard print sisters.
Mia's outfit: Carter's (from Costco) Naomi's outfit: Gymboree







 The animal safari was super fun.
 I bought this tub of 60 jungle animals that we hid placed in the yard.  Each child has a bag with their first initial, which was super helpful to avoid mix-ups and toddler meltdowns.
 They all enjoyed being outside and did a great job finding the different animals.


 We loved that we had an elephant at the zoo party!
 Emily, Laura, Me and Hillary- my dear friends
Presents!

Beautiful chaos!

 Mia didn't want to get too close to the candles since they were hot,
 so her friend, Rebekah, blew them out for her. : )
 Yum!



 The best day!






0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.