Naomi's Under the Sea 1st Birthday


Naomi turned 1 on Sunday and we had so much fun celebrating her birthday with family and friends.    My mom and grandma flew in for her birthday, which made the party extra special and it was so nice to have some extra help.  We had the party in the backyard and basement with the hopes that the little ones could swim and run through the sprinkler but it got cloudy and windy before the party, so we skipped the water play.


The beautiful birthday girl.


The invites that my husband created to make my vision become a reality.


Dessert table: cupcakes with a goldfish cracker on top, candy sushi and a fish themed cake (I just used two 8 inch round cake pans and cut one to look like a fin.)


This candy sushi is all over the Internet and I just had to make it.  It turned out so cute and was super yummy.  Here are the directions I followed...How to Make Candy Sushi


We put our Aquarium DVD on the big screen to make everyone feel as though they were under the sea.


Under the deck, we created a little underwater world using blue streamers as water and green vertical streamers as seaweed.  I got this idea from here.


The fish were super easy and made with a paper lantern (I found these at the dollar spot at Target), card stock and a large googly eyes.

Fishing area.

Bubbles.




We had gummy worms (fish bait), Swedish fish, and life savers (life preservers) to snack on.



Party favors: bucket w/shovel, beach ball, fish stickers, goldfish crackers and bubbles.


Food.



I couldn't get the candle to light due to the wind, and as you can see, Naomi didn't care about the candle...she wanted her cupcake!!

Once I gave it to her, she wasn't really interested (probably because she had no idea how yummy it was) so I gave her a little taste.





I love this picture of the kiddos coming to get cupcakes.


Me and my birthday girl!


Naomi was even hand fed by her buddy, Jett, who turned 1 last month.




Opening presents.

This face is priceless!



It was such a fun party with a great group of friends and family.  We are just so blessed to have such amazing friends to do life with. Our friends make living away from family a little easier.





At the end of the night, everyone was getting a little silly.  Love this picture of my mom, Mia, Me and Naomi.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.