A Weird Feeling


I am done breastfeeding.   


I have been pregnant and/or breastfeeding since February 2010.  For the last 2.5 years, my body was either making a baby, feeding a baby or both.  I'm not going to lie, it's a weird feeling.  



I thought I would be jumping for joy. I thought I would be excited for the freedom to have a glass of wine, leave the house without having to rush home to feed a baby or simply just to have my body to myself.



But, that's not the case.  I feel quite sad, like I just lost a little bit of my purpose.  


Obviously, my girls are still here and need me and will probably wake from their naps before I finish this post.  Even though it can seem stressful in the moment, it's nice to feel needed.


Don't get me wrong, I am terribly excited to go to Belize (without kids) on a romantic getaway with my husband next month.  It will be AMAZING!


But, I'm still sad when I look at my girls and realize that they need me just a little less each day.

 


I don't think one can fully understand the love a mother has for her children until you are a mother.


I just want to show everyone every little thing they do because I think it is so amazing.



These years are so busy, exhausting, draining and humbling.


But so very special at the same time.


I love being a mom...it is truly the best job!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.