Mommy and Tot Gymnastics

Mia started gymnastics yesterday.  I didn't have high expectations being that it was a class at our neighborhood rec center, but much to my surprise, the class was fantastic!!  It's a four session class and Mia has already been asking to go back.  I'm trying to get Mia involved in activities that involve interacting in groups/interacting with new adults since this seems to be intimidating for her.  Her anxiety was apparent when she had a mini meltdown at the beginning of the class, but after that she had so much fun and did a great job following directions.  The class was very structured and organized which made me very happy!  I didn't get the best pictures since the class was very hands on (and I had a baby strapped to me).


 Ever since class yesterday, Mia has been jumping around the playroom saying, "gymnastics!"  
 Mia refused to try the bars since the teacher was helping at this station.  Hopefully, she'll feel more comfortable in the coming weeks.  
The balance beam was very exciting!  It is so fun to watch your child discover something for the first time!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.