Scenes from a very cold and snowy January


 

January was all about dates with the kids and enjoying the snow (plus a little getaway adult only getaway). We went sledding this month and Maxwell even went down the hill by himself.


The kids made a lot of messes and had a lot of fun playing inside on the days when it was just too cold to go outside.




Mia enjoyed the self checkout at Target and successfully scanned all of our items.


One of our resolutions this year was to make dates with the kids a priority again. This one on one time is so important to them and Joe and I so we are going to do our best to be sure each kiddo gets one individual date a month. Naomi and I had so much fun going out for ice cream, playing her favorite card game, and chatting for our date this month.



Maxwell chose going out for ice cream for his date with daddy as well. I loved hearing about the sweet conversations they had.




Mia and I enjoyed our favorite, Punch Pizza and shopping for our date this month. 




Maxwell has been fighting his nap but on the days he wins the battle, he usually falls asleep at some point. On this day, he fell asleep in my arms while watching the girls at dance class. : )


The best part of January was me tagging along on Joe's monthly business trip to Seattle. It was so nice to get away and have some time together. Plus, my kids had a blast with grandma so it was a win win for everyone!


Here is one of my favorite spots in Seattle. I enjoyed the view while catching up on a book. Not too bad.




All bundled to walk across the street to school. 


After school snow fun!








Maxwell is my little side-kick this year with both girls in school all day and I just can't even handle his cuteness.



The girls got haircuts this month. Mia got 3 inches off and Naomi chopped hers into an adorable short haircut. She has been wanting this style for years but usually changes her mind at the last minute. This time she went for it and I think its suits her well!




The kids and I went out for dinner the other day and they did such a good job that a stranger came over and complimented their behavior. We had a big talk about restaurant behavior beforehand so It was nice that their efforts were noticed. 


Naomi earned the Hatchimal that she has been working towards for months! It's been a long journey but she persevered and made her goal.


Even though my kids love playing in the snow and I love watching the snow fall from the sky as I sit clean the house in front of the fire place, I'm kind of ready for spring. Since I know that's still a few months away, we will continue to embrace the beautiful MN winter!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.