Happy Birthday Joe!


Joe's birthday was yesterday. I took him to the Denver Aquarium because if you don't know my husband, he has a small obsession with fish. We had a fun time and got some cute photos...























After we went to the aquarium, I took Joe to Texas De Brazil which is a Brazilian Steak House. It's a buffet but essentially all you can eat meat. The waiters bring around different cuts of meat to sample. It was so good and I definitely filled up on red meat since we don't eat a lot of it at home.

We had dessert at home, I made Joe a cake. It was a Old Fashioned Banana Spice Cake. It didn't turn out quite as pretty as the picture but it was still good! I don't get how people get cakes to look so beautiful. This cake looks like it was thrown together in 2 minutes but I promise I spent hours on it...maybe i shouldn't admit that. : (

1 comment:

  1. Kel- Every cake I've EVER made looks pathetic. I also marvel at the perfection of baking goddesses. I made a flippin box cake for a friends bday - and it too even looked terrible. How do you mess up box cake? Not sure-but I always do! Cheers to you for trying a homemade creation! Besides if it tastes good - nothing else matters! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.