Mia's Ballet Recital

Joe, Maxwell, and I just got back from an amazing cruise to Alaska and Canada. The day after we got back was Mia's ballet recital.  The timing worked out perfectly since my mom was in town so she was able to attend the recital.


Dress rehearsal. 


Posing for pictures at the dress rehearsal.




On the day of the performance Mia was so excited.


I probably lingered a little too long in the dressing room but went and found my seat after Mia told me I should go. I just wanted to make sure she had everything she needed to be successful.  


Once I walked away, I realized that her confidence isn't dependent on a piece of hair being out of place or having the right color lipstick and that is a beautiful thing.


Mia shined on stage.





She smiled and did every move she was taught.




She looked at her teacher (on the side of the stage) when she needed but didn't miss a beat.




This was one of those defining moments as a mother where I just starred at her on stage and teared up.




My baby is not only growing up but she is maturing and knows how to conduct herself in front of a large audience.




In that moment she was a shining star and I was so proud to be her mom.




And the best part, she was proud of herself too.




Mia already asked if I can sign her up for ballet again because she loved performing so much. 

  




It feels so good to know that Mia is finding things that she is passionate about.



My little ballerina.  We love you Mia and are so proud of your hard work.


0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.