Surprise Visit to Denver

A few weeks ago Joe had a work trip in Denver. While he was there, he felt so guilty that he got to see our friend's newborn before me so he bought me tickets and coordinated a whole getaway without me even knowing. I found out by getting my flight info in email the week before!


Traveling with only one little one was so nice. 


Maxwell loved looking at the trucks, buses, and airplanes.





My friend, Emily (who now lives 2.5hrs from Denver) drove to the airport with her youngest to pick us up. We had a sleepover at Hillary's house, which was SO much fun. The three of used to have play dates at least once a week, so it was much needed to spend some quality time together.


The visit was a little different from our play dates a year ago since there are 3 new little ones and Emily and I didn't have our older girls in the mix.



Abigail and Maxwell are only 10 days apart and are both #3 in birth order. They are both our easiest babies and both bring so much joy. I love that we get to experience raising similarly aged kids together.


Here is Hillary's 3rd baby, Cooper. He is absolute perfection and I feel so honored that I got to meet him as a newborn and enjoy lots of cuddles. Hillary lived less than 10 minutes from me when we lived in CO. Her kids feel like nieces and nephews so it was so wonderful to spend time with them.


Even though it had been a year since we last saw each other, you would have never known. They were both a little more grown up but still the same, sweet kids.




The weekend consisted of lots of coffee, chatting, eating, and playing. It was perfect. Since it was a quick trip, I just hung out at Hillary's the whole time. My other good friend, Elmarie (and her two kiddos) came over for dinner on Saturday evening (I forgot to snap a picture). It was so great to catch up with her and it made me feel like I never left. God definitely put some amazing woman in my life while we lived in CO and I know they'll be there for me no matter where we live.



We didn't spend much time outside since it was cold and snowy, but I did have to snap one picture of Maxwell with snow since it was his first time seeing it!


I am so thankful for a husband that knows my needs before I do. This was such a special weekend that made me feel so loved and thankful for the friends I have in CO. Yesterday marked our 1 year anniversary in Seattle. It has been a crazy year, full of lots of joy, some hard times, and a ton of new experiences. It feels so great to know that my dear friends in CO are always available even if we're no longer neighbors.


0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.