5 Years

It's our 5 year anniversary on August 2.  I am posting now because Joe and I are leaving for Belize early tomorrow morning.  I am so excited to have my husband all to myself for 5 days. 5 days to reconnect, relax, explore and just enjoy each other. 


It's so fun to look back at our wedding pictures and remember the emotions from that amazing day.




I was pretty sure that I was going to marry Joe just 6 months after meeting him.  I think he knew too (even though it took a little while propose.) ; )


We are complete opposites but complement each other quite nicely (kind of like peanut butter and jelly.)  

 We are learning that marriage takes work but definitely worth the time and effort.


Joe is the only one that sees all of my true colors, which are sometimes not that pleasant.  He gets to see all of me because I trust him and I know he'll love me through it.


There are many reasons that I wanted to marry Joe and when I look back on our wedding pictures, it's so fun to revisit all of those emotions and feelings.  Because, even though the same feelings are still there, sometimes they get lost in laundry, crying children and bills.



I am so glad we said, "I do" five years ago.  It was the best decision of my life.



I can't wait to look back at 10, 20, 30, 40+... years.  



Marriage is a risk but so worth fighting for.


If I didn't take that risk, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to spend the last 5 years with my best friend.




0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.