Belize

I am finally posting pictures from our vacation.  It's funny how hard it is to get back into the swing of things after relaxing on a beach for 5 days! Belize was beautiful.  My favorite part of the trip was going snorkeling at Glovers Reef.  It was an hour and a half boat ride to get there but so worth it since it was the clearest, most turquoise water I've ever seen.  We got to snorkel at 3 different sites and eat lunch on a private island...so fun!  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of our snorkeling trip because we don't have a water proof camera and didn't want to risk ruining ours.








Another favorite part of the trip was having dinner on the beach.  


 It was like our own private restaurant with a beautiful view.




We spent one day going on a tour of Mayan Ruins.  It was super cool to see the ruins but the 3 hour van ride was not so fun.  






To get to Xunantunich (I think I'll teach Mia about this for the letter x! haha), you had to cross this bridge that is manually cranked. 



Joe used his muscles to get us safely across.


Simply beautiful.



Xunantunich


The view from the top.




It rained on us when we were there, which was actually quite pretty and mystical!





Nothing screams vacation like drinking out of a coconut!


On the last night, we decided to go for a walk on the beach.  It was relaxing and romantic until this guy ran out in front of us!  Joe was super excited and I wanted to run away.  : )



Our tiny airplane to get us to Belize City.  Seriously, one of the scariest moments of my life riding in this thing.



It was so for Joe and I to have some time alone.  Although, I missed the girls a lot by the end of the trip, I think it was good for all of us.  I am so thankful that my mom was willing and able to stay at our house for a week to make this possible!



0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.