I get to teach K next year!

I had my second formal observation of the year last week and I was super nervous. Older kids are usually scared of the Principal but I have some K students who find a visit from the Principal a chance to show off and be as obnoxious as possible...it's great fun! Anyways, when I went for my post-observation I was pleasantly surprised that Mrs. Leger thought I was doing a great job. The best part is that she asked me to teach K again next year!! I was so excited that I nearly jumped up and down. For those of you that don't know, there are 3 K classes this year and there will only be 2 next year so I really felt as though I had to work for the spot. Even though I am exhausted at the end of the day, I love teaching K! I think I have one of the best jobs in the world. : )

Top 5 funny quotes/stories from the past few week...

1. A little guy is walking into the classroom from gym class after he just got in trouble says, "Mrs. Jones, I'm sorry I got in trouble but I forgive you!"
2. After recess as the class is sitting on the carpet for phonics, a girl is crying and I ask her what is wrong. She responds through the sobs, "I am so embarrassed because I got kissed at recess"
3. During writing, one of my easily angered little guys asks, "How do you spell like?" I respond by saying, " Like is a sight word. I want you to do your best and sound it out." He responds with a loud, "UGGGG! You're a teacher and you won't even help me?!"
4. "Mrs. Jones, do you want to have a sleepover this weekend? We can play my new video game."
5. I am teaching the class about democracy ( in K language) and explaining that in the US we are not ruled but a King. One of the girls raises her hand and says, "Mrs. Jones we are ruled by a King, his name is Jesus!" Knowing that I don't have a class full of Christians, I'm not sure how to respond but simply say, "Yes, Jesus is a King for some people"

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.