Life's Hiccups

It seems as though I only post the positive things that happen in our lives. We are a normal family and do have the occasional "hiccup". I tend to be an optimist and really only like to find good in things. Well the reason I haven't posted in over a week is because I got Mastitis which is a breast infection from breastfeeding. There isn't anything positive about it so I'll just tell it as it is. On Monday, I had severe pain in my left breast and started feeling really cold. After a little over an hour, I started shivering uncontrollably so I called the doctor and they told me to come in right away. Fever, chills, achy body and a very sore/swollen breast = Mastitis. Luckily, Joe came home from work immediately and worked from home the next day because all I wanted to do was lay on the couch. I was miserable. I did still need to feed Mia (she can't catch the infection since she gave it to me) but besides feedings, she was with Daddy. I am almost 100% better, which is good because we are hosting a Christmas party tomorrow. I've realized that being a Mommy is all about decisions. Once Mia falls asleep for a nap should I... clean, shower, eat, do laundry, update my blog, return a call and then to only find that she wakes up before I made my decision!

Posts Coming Soon: Grandpa Jones' visit, more smiley Mia pictures and our family Christmas pictures.

(I should probably get our Christmas cards in the mail before updating again.)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Yea! a new post. I love to keep up with you guys. :) I'm so sorry to hear about you being sick. Thank God Joe's job is flexible!

    Oh...and then there's my blog - not just positive..ha! The good, the bad and the in between. Just the real us. Please refer to our lovely "photo shoot" post, or my "butt and thighs" post. Pregnancy is a whole world of interesting, isn't it? I decided to NOT do a posting on the colostrum I um, "found" the other day. Interesting, needless to say. :)

    Miss you! Oh-and I'm definitely coming for a shower to Colorado!! Just deciding on dates and such now.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.