Alaska Cruise: Tracy Arm Fjord

Day 5 was spent cruising through the Tracy Arm Fjord, which was breathtaking.  We didn't get off the ship but the ship parked in front of the Sawyer Glacier so we could all enjoy the beautiful scenery.


I saw more waterfalls on this cruise than I've seen in my whole life. Joe and I were amazed at how long some of them were.


Joe wrapped me up like a burrito so I wouldn't be cold while enjoying the scenery.


This picture was taken at 10:15pm!  I had such a hard time going to sleep at night because I felt like I was going to miss something with it staying light out for so long.


Once we were near the glacier, there were lots of ice chunks in the water.






As we got closer we realized that there were hundreds of seals swimming around and sitting on the ice.



It was so fun to watch their behaviors in their natural habitat.





Not a bad view at breakfast.


Sawyer Glacier




Max hanging out on the balcony. 


I whale watched like it was my job on this cruise because I'm nerdy like that.  We did see a few whales from a distance but I never did get to see a whale breaching.


Here are some pictures that Joe was able to capture of some whales.  Can you find them?





0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.