I'm 30!!

I got to spend my 30th with my favorite people.  Joe planned the whole day, which included amazing restaurants, a waterfall viewing, my favorite cookie dough cake, and lots of presents! Oh, I can't forget one of the highlights... he also did the girls' bedtime while I lay in bed watching a random show and didn't feel guilty.


Turning 30 feels fantastic. I am exactly where I wanted to be at 30.  I have an amazing husband who works so hard for our family and 3 incredible kids. 



As I think back on the last 10 years, it's crazy to think of everything that was accomplished.  I turned 20 while studying abroad in New Zealand.  Graduated college when I was 22.  Got married and moved to Colorado when I was 23.  Ran a marathon when I was 24.  Had my first baby when I was 25. Had my second baby when I was 26.  Had my third baby and moved to Washington when I was 29.


My twenties were a time of new beginnings and change.  I learned so much about myself as a woman, a wife, and a mom.  


I am excited for my thirties because I'm more confident than ever.  I still have a lot of growing to do but I can focus on being better rather than trying to figure it out for the first time.  I will continue to work on being a better wife rather than trying to figure out how to be a wife.  I will get to focus on my family rather than growing my family.


I am so thankful for my family, my friends, my life.



I am so excited for this next season.  As I've been thinking about my thirties and what I want to accomplish, I thought I'd make a bucket list.  My list is pretty simple and I know there will be many amazing adventures that I'm not anticipating but here are a few things that I really want to accomplish in the next 10 years...



Bucket List for my Thirties:

run a half-marathon or marathon
go on a mission trip
travel to at least 2 different countries that I haven't already been to
take tennis lessons/learn to play tennis
grow a vegetable garden
go on a trip with each one of my kids individually
do something out of my comfort zone
go whale watching/see a whale



PS: Maxwell sat in a high chair for the first time on my birthday.  



0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.