Scenes from March

March came and went faster than I would normally like but that means our family vacation is just around the corner- 4 days to be exact! I should be packing and cleaning right now but I needed a quick break and really wanted to get this post up before we leave. All 5 of us are going on a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise...eek!! We are all so excited. I can't believe my kids are going to get to experience Honduras, Belize, and Mexico! I could go on and on about the trip but I'll save that for after we get back.


This month was all about getting healthy. I completed the 21-Day Fix, which is a diet and exercise regimen. It was SO great and I was super happy with my results. Plus, my horrible back pain went away and my abs peeked through (I haven't done sit-up since before I got pregnant w/Maxwell)! I loved it so much that I think I'll do it again after we get back from vacation because I usually gain about 5lbs when we go on a cruise and I have a feeling I'll need to reset my diet. 


I started the program with the intent to get healthier, stronger, and tone up. Weight loss wasn't a huge goal since my weight is already low. On the program, I ate salads w/protein and veggies for lunch and snacked on fruit and nuts, which was such a positive change from eating chocolate and sugary coffee drinks to keep me going (true story).




The kids and I took advantage of our Children's Museum membership.





 We did our learning trays.


Mia took some awesome pictures with my phone. Real life people.



Maxwell really wants to be just like his sister and ends up using their hand-me downs (luckily he doesn't care that they're pink).





We celebrated Dr. Seuss' Birthday at the Community Center.








Maxwell loves this tiger costume and wears it regularly.


We had some beach time and


a family picnic in the hallway.




We did a little painting and



Naomi thoroughly enjoyed every flower petal that fell on the ground. 


Spring in Seattle is something out of a movie- absolute perfection.


Bubbles were played in.


Books were read.


We renewed our zoo membership and had so much fun with the river otter


 and loved watching the bear swim.




The girls started gymnastic at the end of the month, which they were both super excited for since we took that last 3 months off from extracurricular activities.


The end of the month brought lots of sunshine and some 60 and 70 degree days.




I know I say it every month, but I just love these recaps because it helps me realize all the fun that was had rather than focusing on the things I didn't get done. I'll be back to posting in a couple of weeks when we get back from vacation!!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.