Naomi's 2 Week Check-up

Naomi had her two week check up on Monday.  She is such a good eater and her weight gain definitely proves that.  Whoever said, "It takes a village to raise a child", is so right!  I have had help every day since Naomi has been born.  Joe was home the first week and my mom has been here for a week and a half.  On top of having my mom here, my friend Elmarie organized meals to be brought to us.  We have had 11 dinners brought to us in the past 2 weeks; the generosity of my friends blows me away!  The transition from one to two has been quite easy so far and I feel amazing (except for a nasty virus I got yesterday, but will post about that later) but I know that this transition would have been worlds different without the support I have received.  I am just so thankful!
Naomi and Grandma

Naomi's 2 week stats
Height: 20 1/4 in (50%)  I'm not sure how accurate this is since she was 20 3/4 in at birth.
Weight: 8lbs 10.3oz (75%)
Head circumference: 13.9 in (45%)
Naomi likes:
being swaddled while sleeping
listening to her sister talk
riding in the car
being held
nursing
laying on the floor
sleeping on her side

Naomi doesn't like:
loud noises
being disturbed while trying to sleep (she is quite sensitive)

I love baby feet.

 I have so many pictures of my girls in the swing.  She just looks so cute and peaceful while sleeping in it.
 I don't try to spike up Naomi's hair but am not used to having a baby with hair so I usually forget to brush it after bath time and once it dries, there is no hope in taming it!
a little smile

soothing herself by sucking on her thumb
 Mia really loves her sister.  It melts my heart when they interact.  Since Naomi has been born, Mia has been changing her baby dolls diapers constantly, taking care of them and trying to nurse them.  Yes, it's true and slightly awkward but she plays the mommy role well.







 And Mia even shares her toys.  She put all of these soft toys around Naomi....

 Naomi loved it!


0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.