Visits to the hospital

Last night was our fourth visit to the hospital in the past 2 weeks.  We have been to labor and delivery, the lab (for Naomi's 2 week genetic screening), outpatient surgery and the ER.


Joe had a lipoma removed from his shoulder last Friday.  He noticed the growth about 6 months ago and since it continued to get bigger, he decided to have it removed.  The surgery went really well and Joe has been recovery nicely.  


Here is me in the ER last night.  I somehow contracted a bacterial infection yesterday and had severe diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI).  I was so sick but so thankful that my mom was home with me.  I fed Naomi but my mom took care of all her other needs. The cramping I was experiencing was similar to the pain of labor.  Since I was breastfeeding and unable to keep even a sip of water down, I got really dehydrated.  After talking to a nurse on the nurse line around 6:30pm, it was recommended that I go to the ER.  I had already blacked out and was super weak and dizzy.  Once Joe got home from work, he, Naomi and I went to the hospital.  The doctors said I definitely needed to come in.  All of my vitals were off and it was very clear that I needed lots of fluids.  So, I got hooked up to an IV and received two bags of saline.  I felt so much better after even though the cramping and diarrhea were still there.  After running some lab work, it was confirmed that I have a bacterial infection and was given antibiotics.  I feel so much better today!  I'm slowly introducing food back and have successfully eaten some peanut butter toast.  The bad news is that my mom caught the bug and has been sick all day. : (  Please pray that Naomi and Mia don't contract this nasty infection. 
Let's hope we don't have to go back to the hospital for a very long time!

1 comment:

  1. Omigoodness, glad you are on the mend. Much love from the Mooney family!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.