New Memories

We are all adjusting so well to life in Seattle.  We finally feel settled; we found a church we love, we are signed up for preschool, we are finding activities for the girls, we are having play-dates, and making friends.  The house we are renting is perfect for us and the neighborhood is absolutely lovely (the grocery store and ballet studio are in our alley!)  This journey has been full of ups and downs.  The first couple of months in the apartment were rough.  That time is quite a blur as it felt like survival mode most days.  I'm sorry if I missed your birthday, forgot to send a thank you, or didn't call, but during that time, I was at max capacity.  Don't get me wrong, our days are still so full (but, a good full).  I'm slowly adjusting to life with 3 kids as well as unpacking those last few boxes and trying to organize our house while trying not to neglect my girls.  We are getting there and definitely getting more and more in the groove everyday.   


As we've been feeling more settled, I can't help but think of the home where we brought all 3 kids home from the hospital.  The home where my girls spent their whole life.  The home that Maxwell will never know.  The playground that we could walk to and all loved and the swings that my girls enjoyed throughout their lives.









I don't look at the these pictures with sadness, I look at them with complete joy that we had such a wonderful home and neighborhood to start our family.






My girls spent countless hours swinging on these swings.  Swinging through all the seasons at every age.  These swings will always evoke the precious memories of our home in Colorado.













Our last day in our house, I asked Joe to take the girls to the park one last time and snap some pictures.





The good news is that Seattle has parks too!  And, even swings.  Yesterday, after playing at one of the parks by our house, Mia said, "I love our church and park [in Seattle] the best."



Our family has gone through a lot of changes in the past 4 months and change is hard, but hard is good.  Seattle has welcomed us with open arms and we all love our new home.


Now, we have an amazing new park to make new memories at.  A park with views of downtown Seattle and Mount Rainier.  A park where Maxwell will ride in a swing for the first time.  A park where new memories will be made.




  Change is scary but can also be so great!



We are enjoying this new season of life.  New city, new baby, new beginnings, and a wonderful adventure.



A wonderful adventure in our new home, Seattle.



0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.