Adventures in Seattle: Golden Gardens Park

We are continuously finding little gems in this city. Yesterday, we went to Golden Gardens Park, which has a playground, lots of grass, and a spectacular beach.



It was so picturesque! My photographs are not doing it justice, but being it was my first time at a beach with my kids, I wasn't exactly prepared with proper sun protection for Maxwell. Strollers and sandy beaches don't mix! I spent a good portion of the time standing in front of him to block the sun.



I could have stayed on this beach all day. There were mountain views, a white, sandy beach, sailboats, and we even saw seals!


My girls had an absolute blast!  Mia even went waist deep in the cold Puget Sound.


Maxwell enjoyed himself as long as the sun wasn't in his eyes.  His favorite part was kicking his feet in the sand.


His least favorite part was when he rolled over and got a face full of sand.  It was pretty much the saddest thing ever but he handled it like a champ!  It would have been too cruel to document the memory with a picture.



Seattle continues to surprise me everyday.  I'm so thankful for the friend from church that invited us to go with them or who knows how long it would have taken us to discover this amazing spot only 15 minutes from our house.


It was time to leave when the tide was almost to our beach towels.


If you're looking for us this summer, I think we'll probably be at the beach.



0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.