Feeling Good

Before I decided to quit teaching and become  a stay at home mom, I spent a lot of time contemplating the decision. One conversation specifically stuck out to me in this time.  It was a conversation with my friend, Robyn, who is an ex-teacher and stay at home mom to four young kids.  I remember her telling me that even if I decided to quit teaching, I will always be a teacher and will find other ways to use my gifts. 

 At the time, staying home seemed almost daunting, like I would no life outside of my house.  I was so wrong and Robyn was so right.  I absolutely love being a stay at home mom because I get to be with my girls but also be involved in so many other things.

  Today I hosted our first official Moms Rock (a group for moms with young children) at my house.  My friend Hillary is in charge of the group but I am in charge of childcare.  Today my basement was a playroom for 15 kids four and under.  We had four, amazing women taking care of the kids so us moms could enjoy socializing, eating breakfast and listening to an encouraging word from our Pastor's wife, Mauri. 
  I just love having people over and had a lot of fun coordinating the childcare details. (Unfortunately, Miss Mia was a bit of a disaster and wouldn't stay in childcare and even had a major meltdown while we were listening to our speaker and I forgot to take pictures.)  Isn't parenting humbling?!
 I also starting my part-time mentoring job last Friday!  It went so well and I think it is going to be a very successful experience for me and the teacher.  Mia absolutely LOVES Becca, our babysitter and I loved spending the morning in a kindergarten classroom.  This week, I even get to model a lesson!

If you're actually still reading, thank you.  I just wanted to share some of the positive going on right now because I'm feeling good.  



1 comment:

  1. Yay a new post. I always read :) Til the very end. I love the pics and all the great news. I love seeing you as a stay at home mom with a little teaching on the side. So glad you and Joe got a great date last week too. I didn't even know Denver had an Oceanaire - I've only been to one in DC. Yum! Wish I was there for Mom's Rock! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.