Letter of the Week: F

There were so many fun things to do with the letter f that I think we could have spent a whole month on it!  Unfortunately, Mia got sick and we were unable to go to the farm with our Moms Rock group, which we were both really looking forward to.

I've been including some board books recently because they are more appropriate for Naomi, and Mia still loves them as well.  Sandra Boynton, author of Barnyard Dance! and Moo, Baa, La La La! has several board books that are super silly and super fun for little ones.  Naomi (almost 1) loves any book where she can feel different textures like Touch and Feel Farm.

F is for Flower




I added the flower petals. : )

I actually found this craft when I helped plan a service night at the Children's Hospital a couple of months ago.  All ages of kids loved the project so I knew Mia would too.



I really love how Mia put the leaves on.


F is for Firefighter/ Fire/ Fire truck  


All of these are great books for toddlers. I love when I can add an ABC book to the mix, so I was really excited when I came across, Firefighters A to Z.





I always like to try and do a project that uses the letter we are learning. This week, we made fire out of tissue paper. I put glue spots all over the F and let Mia stick on the crumpled tissue paper. After she covered all of my glue spots, she did a few more of her own.


On this particular day, we did 3 projects.  This is not normal for Mia, but since she wanted to keep going, I kept giving her more.  Some days she loves activities and other days she is not interested.  I never force her to sit down and do a project, which is why some weeks we do more than others.

F is Fish


Of course we had to visit the aquarium.

Then, we made our own aquarium at home with contact paper.  
1. Cut out a large rectangle of contact paper and attach it to the wall (sticky side out).  I used thumb tacks and blue painters tape to attach it.


2. Cut out and color several "under the sea" creatures.  We made fish, stingrays, sea weed, octopus, and starfish.


3.  Let your toddler stick the pictures to the contact paper.


I even made an uppercase and lowercase f, because I couldn't resist.



4.  Leave on the wall for everyone to enjoy.  Can you tell that she was proud?!?

 F is for Feet




We used a large box to do some feet painting, here is the post...Painting with Hands and Feet

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.