Letter of the Week: Xx


On our Xx sheet this week, I thought Mia would be able to write the letter x all over.  Bad idea on my behalf because she wasn't ready for this and got stressed, which resulted in her scribbling all over.  


Quickly, I thought of a plan B- I gave her a variety of different x stickers to stick on the sheet.  She loved doing this and even decided to use stickers to write her name.  (Even though I don't scrapbook much anymore, the supplies sure come in handy!!)





Jessica's X-Ray is a great book about a little girl who breaks her arm.  While she is at the hospital waiting for her cast to dry, she goes on a tour and sees a variety of different x-rays. Actual x-rays are included, which makes this book really exciting!

X is for X-Ray

 

I painted the girls' hands white and made a print on black paper to look like an x-ray.  (After we did this activity, I wondered if Mia thought an x-ray was just a print of a body part instead of a picture of the bones.)  I'm not too worried about it since she's 2, but it's something to think about.

Naomi (15 months)

Mia ( almost 3)


We also went to the Children's Museum and played in the kid-sized veterinary clinic that has dog and cat x-rays available to look at.

X is for "X Marks the Spot"


While Mia was napping, I set up a little treasure hunt to help identify the letter x. This may look like a lot of work, but it only took like 5-10 minutes to set everything up!


 Supplies needed:  homemade treasure map, treasure (I used kid's jewelry that we already had) and blue painter's tape.

Directions: Stick an X (and treasure) on various places around your house.  Then, create a map or just draw pictures showing where to find the treasure.  I gave Mia verbal clues to help her identify the pictures (probably due to the fact that I'm not that great of a drawer!)

Be prepared...your child will want to do this over and over!


Both of these alphabet books are really cute.  Alphabet Mystery has vibrant pictures of the lowercase letters.  We read this book during x week because the story is about x, who runs away because he doesn't feel that important.  The other letters go find him and the story ends with him feeling very special (you'll have to read the book to find out why).

X is for Xylophone



Mia really enjoyed this project and was able to do the gluing independently. She actually completed it on her own, which is why I don't have more pictures.  For the directions, visit No Time For Flashcards.






0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.