Mia's Bow-tique 3rd Birthday


Miss Mia turns 3 tomorrow but we celebrated her birthday with a Minnie party on Saturday. I really tried to keep the party budget friendly and we kept the guest list small so it wasn't so overwhelming for Mia.  







We turned the foyer into Mia's Bow-tique that included dress-up clothes, a basket full of bows, a basket with Minnie ears (for the guest's to keep) and a mirror.  I also set up an activity table that had Minnie coloring sheets and paper bows for the little ones to decorate with stickers and sequins.  I decorated the wall with paper plate Minnie silhouettes that I made by simply stapling small, black paper plates to a large, black paper plate and then taped on a bow that I made using pink ribbon. 



The dress-up clothes and bows were ours but I bought Minnie ears from the Disney store for each little girl (since I only needed 5, I decided to buy them instead of making them.)


Mia picked out the banner (even though I told her that I wanted to make one) so we personalized it by adding white circle stickers to the letters.  We also added white circle stickers to the pink cups (see below).


Streamers and balloons are a cost effective way to make a big impact.


I made Oreo Minnie cookies and packaged some for the adults to take home as party favors.

The link is directions to make Mickey cookies. I bought pink melting candy instead of red and put some of the melted candy in a zip-loc bag (make a very small hole in the corner to squeeze the melted candy through) to make the bows.  I did find it easier to attach the ears before dipping the Oreo in the chocolate.  Also, I could only get the ears to stay on the pink Berry Burst Oreos.  I don't know if they had more filling than the original Oreos, but the original Oreos kept breaking.

The beautiful birthday girl!!  I found her Minnie dress at Wal-mart.



Sweet, sweet, sisters!


I put Mickey shaped animal crackers (from Costco) in metal pails (that I bought at Target for Naomi's birthday) to have on the tables but the girls decided to carry them around for a pre-party snack.




This is the best picture I have of my best buddies, Emily and Hillary.  We kept the menu simple with kale salad, fruit and pizza.



Joe was on tattoo duty.  : )

I made the same cake that my mom made me when I turned 3 and I was very happy with how it turned out.  Mia was a little embarrassed when we sang, "happy birthday" but did blow out her candles after I offered some help.


 Mia with her best buddies (and her gift from Grandpa Jones that she was very excited about).


Naomi cuddling with her daddy.

 

The girls decorating the paper bows and playing dress-up.  


At the end of the night, the girls got a little crazy (check out Mia's new heels)!! 

Mia and her friends had so much fun at her party and I think the adults did as well. : )

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.