They Are Worth It



We have been spending a ton of time outside...the weather is so perfect right now and I know it won't last.  When the girls and I were at the park last week, I couldn't help but look around and really take in the beauty of where we live.


This was after I was extremely frustrated since I was suppose to be running but Naomi was kicking, screaming, and trying to escape the jogging stroller. The second I took her out, she was beaming with joy.  (Little stinker!)


Our quiet suburban neighborhood is perfectly groomed with mountain views, nice people walking their dogs and a park that has never seen any graffiti (and if it has, it has been reported and painted over before anyone could notice)!


The girls' new thing is pushing their strollers (with 2 babies each) to the park.  I love that I'm home with them and that we can take the time to walk to the park and walk home when Mia has to go potty and then go back.


As you maybe noticed, I haven't been blogging a ton lately. It's easy to say that I've been busy and haven't had time, but really, it's because I'm trying to manage my time a little better. There's always time to do things that are important to you and right now, I'm trying to be a better mom, wife and Christan. I'm trying to prioritize reading my Bible, doing my daily chores (I have a weekly cleaning chart that I created to stay organized)before going on the computer.  Joe has been traveling a ton and the girls haven't been napping well so that means less time alone time for me and less time to blog.



Naomi no longer has her paci, which is making nap time a little difficult.  Even though I don't like my alone time to be constrained to a chair, I will always say yes to rocking my sleeping baby who isn't really a baby anymore.


I'm not complaining but simply explaining.  I've really been enjoying my time with my girls lately. Things are definitely getting easier as they are both getting older and more independent.  


The moments we are happily playing at the park or building Duplo towers or exploring the aquarium are so so so great. 


 But the moments I'm scrubbing poop off the floor and cleaning poop out of the bathtub all before 7:30am on a Saturday(true story) are not so fun.



What I'm trying to say in this very random post is that I'm very thankful that I get to be home with my girls even though some days can be mundane. Even though there isn't much of a difference between Monday and Saturday. But, when I look at all of these pictures and think of all the memories, the mundane is so worth it.


It is worth countless trips to the park, knowing the zoo schedule as if I work there, eating PB&J several times a week and hearing my girls ask for each other when the other is sleeping.


Yes, they are worth it.


0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.