Bragging or Whatever You Want to Call It

So, I know that every parent thinks their child is the most amazing, smartest, cutest, funniest kid to exist. And, in my opinion, it should be that way. If you don't think highly of your child, who will?  Now that I'm a mom, I understand why parents of my kindergarten students acted the way they did.  I now understand why they told me that their child was advanced before I even met them and I understand why they wanted me to fill out recommendations for their child to be admitted to the gifted and talented school.  Even if these kids were average academically, they still seemed extraordinary to the parent who watched them grow from a helpless infant to a small person.

Of course I think Mia is extraordinary.  I do understand that the things she does as a 16 month old are probably the same things that 16 month olds across the country are doing,  but that doesn't make it any less amazing. 
As a proud Mommy, I just have to share how much Mia has learned the past few months....

Mia can:

  • Identify and name all of her body parts (including her neck and nails)
  • Identify most farm and zoo animals and their sounds
  • Count to 2 and count 2 objects
  • Identify and name the colors blue and red.  She hasn't quite mastered green and yellow.
  • Draw balls (aka. circles)
  • Tell me the title of her favorite books

She is also just started to put two words together.  Example: all done, red ball, bye mommy, hi daddy



It's just so fun to watch her grow and learn.  I love being able to spend all day with Mia so we can learn and play together...I am one lucky mommy.


1 comment:

  1. She IS amazing - and you are right...we all SHOULD think our kids are the best, funniest, cutest, smartest, etc. I know Haley is probably on par with all kids her age too - but I choose to think she's "so advanced" :) I tend to think she's the best at everything - and on and on. I love that you love her like that, and I like that you're humble enough to know we all feel that way. :) You're a great momma!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.