The Big Transition

Yesterday was the BIG day; the day we transitioned Mia into her toddler bed.  I read advice on the Internet, prepared for some sleepless nights, and did everything we could to make Mia's new room fun and exciting.

We showed Mia her new room on Friday night before bed.  Everything was a surprise and she loved exploring all of her new furniture and was excited to find some familiar toys.  Throughout the weekend we let her spend lots of time  practicing getting on and off her new bed and playing in her new room.

Yesterday (Monday), I put her down for a nap in her toddler bed.  She cried at first but calmed down once I took off the new bedding and gave her the blanket from her crib. After I left the room, I could hear her talking, which is normal for her before a nap.  About 30 min later, I decided to open the door a little bit to spy on her.  When I opened the door, she was standing on her bed and proceeded to make her way off her bed.  My very obedient 1 year old knew it was time to sleep and not time to play.  I watched her walk to her rug, lay down and fall asleep.  She slept in this same position for almost 4 hours!


Last night, we did our normal bedtime routine, but in Mia's new room.  (We closed the doors to the nursery so Mia will not miss her crib.)  Joe and I tucked her into her new bed, said goodnight and left.  That was it.  There was no crying. No talking. No trying to escape. Nothing. My 17 month old baby toddler is officially a big girl and I don't know how I feel about it.

She slept in her bed from 7:30pm until about 7:00am.  I still can't believe it was that easy.  

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.