Toddler bed update

Mia is still doing an awesome job sleeping in her toddler bed at night.  Once we put her down for the night, she stays in her bed until the morning.  I like the fact that once she wakes up in the morning, she will play in her room for quite some time while I catch a few more zzz's.

 Nap time has been a different story.  Mia gets out of bed and plays with toys instead of falling asleep.  Yesterday, I decided that she was going to take a nap and I was going to do everything in my power to make it happen.  I sat outside her bedroom door and anytime I heard her move, I peeked in, and if she was sitting up or trying to get out of bed, I stopped her with a very firm voice before she had a chance to move.  I felt so bad being mean, but it worked and I know she will be a happier/healthier toddler with a good nap!  She fell asleep after me opening her door 3 times in about 15 min.  Discipline takes such diligence, which is why I believe it's so easy for parents to give up.  So, I am writing this to be held accountable.  I will sit outside Mia's door until she falls asleep as many days as I have to until she learns that getting out of her bed during nap time is disobeying mommy and will result in a consequence (right now that consequence is just a firm voice, which seems to be working for the moment.)  Toy removal will be next, if it comes to that.  Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Keeping up with the Joneses and Blogger Templates - Anime OST.